How To Earn More Money, While Getting Paid For Being Yourself
Challenge 1 of 5: “I find it hard or impossible to earn more money, more physical cash! What do I do and how do I do it, exactly?”
I’ll tell you how I did it.
(These principles and methods work everywhere, for anyone.)
So, I was born and raised in Kenya, East Africa.
Growing up, all I heard was that we were a ‘third-world’ country.
And much of what I saw and experienced confirmed that.
I had to escape.
Or so I thought.
I later came to realise that there was something far more ‘sinister’, if you like, going on, that was making it very difficult for me to earn a decent living - nay, to be free!
I attended Alliance High School (1989 - 1992), a boys boarding school known for it’s top 5 national exams performance - and it’s extreme discipline structure that involved plenty of official corporal punishment.
That school programmed your entire existence, in a somewhat spartan militaristic way.
They believed that they had to “shape and mould” you into their boxed, limited definition of what a ‘good’ person should be.
It also had a lot of horrible systematic bullying that we all underwent, from other students, as it still does (see recent news feature).
The country itself, Kenya, was under a dictatorship. President Moi ruled it for 24 years, driving it deeper into poverty, corruption and insecurity.
We were not allowed much freedom of thought or action. A proper dictatorship.
And so the idea of ‘conforming’ was drilled into us from a young age, for generations.
Many families carried on the same behaviour at home, enforcing corporal punishment and an insane drive to fit in and ‘be employed’ by the government or a good company (and they were very few good ones), even if the salary was crap.
The moral then was, “fit in, keep your head down, kiss ass above, and struggle against yourself and work hard to be the best at that”, and you will be a good, respectable citizen. The society, the government, the system, will reward you.
Here is the irony… that formula didn’t work, not for most people, and definitely not for me.
It made me broke and unhappy and trapped between a rock and a hard place.
I was so busy ‘doing the right thing’ to be accepted by the world-view around me (as most of us do, wherever we are)… and ‘doing the right thing’ to fit in with what I was told I should be… that I missed the true wealth that lay inside me all along.
The kingdom is within.
I only started doing financially well, and being truly free even beyond finances, inside and outside, when I went against all that.
And going against all that training, expectation, conditioning, wasn’t easy or fun to do, at first.
Not until I discovered the formula, and how to execute the formula.
And then it became easier and fun and rewarding to be myself, regardless.
Conditioning is shit.
Yes, it can make you feel accepted, a sense of belonging, and might even give you a sense of entitlement (“I did all the right things, I should get rewarded”), but ultimately, its a terrible invisible prison of the mind and heart.
Conditioning is voluntary submission to unnecessary external tyranny.
And so the first hurdle I had to overcome was to free my mind - and my heart.
To be myself. In all sense of that word.
It isn’t so much about escaping any external reality (although environment definitely plays an undeniable role).
It is, rather, about embracing your uniqueness.
And part of that, is knowing, intimately being in touch, crystal clearly, and sticking with:
- your natural inner guidance (even when it goes against the crowd)
- your strengths, however strange they may be (and simply forget about your weaknesses)
- your passions, what makes you happy (even if people think its nuts)
- your natural genius and path to wealth (an artist, a mechanic, a people-person, a healer… all have unique paths to wealth. Oprah cannot be Trump or Bill Gates, but she can still have wealth following her path, but not by following Trump’s path, and vice versa)
- and how to take the 9 clearly-defined, universal steps up the abundance ladder (personal, business and societal abundance stages)
Do that even when it goes against what you were told you ‘should’ be, and what you were told ‘the world is’.
Here is the point...
It is all about understanding that earning more abundance, in all it's forms, is simply all about transforming your unique internal value into external value… en mass!
That is what makes you valuable to others - your uniqueness.
And you cannot find your unique internal value unless you find out who you really are, including discovering your unique inventory comprising:
- your natural inner guidance
- your strengths, however strange they may be
- your passions, what makes you happy
- your natural genius and path to wealth
- and how to take the 9 clearly-defined, universal steps up the abundance ladder
And that is precisely what I had to implement to begin being free and abundant.
And I bet a rabbit’s right foot that this may apply to you, too, in your own unique way...
...because these principles work for anyone, anywhere, regardless of their current state or status.
No matter how "scary" it might initially be, do it. It is easier and more enjoyable than you think it is, once you get started actioning it.
Eventually, it actually becomes fun and thrilling - knowing you won’t die by going against the grain and, in fact, you will find freedom and abundance.
After I started applying these principles, here are a few cool things that happened for me:
- I wrote A Happy Pocket Full of Money, which literally broke many of the false ‘truths’ I had been literally physically beaten to accept. It has gone on to help hundreds of thousands of people worldwide! It is even in print in Chinese!
- I started an Internet Marketing company (yes, in Kenya, with really bad Internet services at the time) that served the West, and it made me the initial money that allowed me to begin exploring the world.
- I co-founded a real estate agency that closed $4 million dollars of sales volume in it’s second year, in tiny Mombasa (Kenya), specifically by innovating and doing what they said was not ‘the done thing here’. A result that surprised everyone.
- And now, I travel the world and help people in the field of personal development and global awakening - that is my true passion. Yet, initially, they said that I will never get anywhere with that, that its “just theory” (I quote). Funny 🙂
I can show you not just what to do, but how to do it.